A summit meeting of Russian and American masterpieces demonstrate true international “harmony,” with brilliant works by Bernstein (West Side Story: Symphonic Dances) and Prokofiev (Violin Concerto No. 2). ESO Chief Conductor Alexander Prior is joined by 2017 Shean Competition Laureate Alice Lee, violinist, and ESO Principal Cello Rafael Hoekman. Tender works for cello by Tchaikovsky and Nicole Lizée’s twinkling Zeiss After Dark add colour and warmth for a winter’s afternoon.
- BERNSTEIN West Side Story Symphonic Dances
- TCHAIKOVSKY Andante cantabile, Op.11
- TCHAIKOVSKY Pezzo capriccioso for Cello, Op.62
- PROKOFIEV Violin Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Op.63
- HANSON Merry Mount: Suite
- LIZÉE Zeiss After Dark
Violin (2017 Shean Competition Laureate)